• Participate in design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of high quality firmware.
• Deliver resilient and robust designs – Lead and participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams.
• Work with the electrical team for hardware bring up and verification of new designs.
• Work closely with the software and mobile teams for definition and implementation of wireframes used by devices for wireless communications.
• Write low level peripheral drivers needed for board and application bring up.
• Perform power consumption analysis and optimize firmware for low power battery operation.
• BS or above in EE/CS.
• 5+ years of experience in software development on Embedded Android AOSP /Embedded Linux based systems.
• Experience in Linux kernel, device tree, Android/Linux device driver and HAL layers as well as Android Framework layers.
• Knowledgeable in C/C++, Linux, RTOS’s and Object Oriented Design/Architecture
• Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies including Smartphone LTE architectures, wireless IoT- BLE/Internet connected devices, camera/video, and touch screen displays.
• Experience working with device drivers for serial communication protocols such as SPI/I2C/RS-232/USB etc.
• Ability to work well independently and in close collaboration with a remote team.